Can you believe it? We’re 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Our little girl loves to squirm especially when she hears Brandon’s voice. She’s giving some strong punches and kicks making her presence known more each day.
How I’ve Been Feeling
- After some recent blood work my midwives informed me that I was iron deficient anemic which explains why I couldn’t stand for long periods of time without feeling clammy and lightheaded. I’ve since been taking a liquid supplement and feel much better. I’m also trying to incorporate some more red meats and dark leafy greens in my diet too.
- I started to feel claustrophobic and have anxiety at the beginning of the third trimester but the iron supplement has greatly helped. I still get a little anxious in the car sometimes or at church but a fidget cube seems to help.
- I have never wanted to wear dresses more in my life. I’m actually glad to be in my third trimester in the warmer months because of this and slip on sandals and shoes.
- I can’t reach my toes well unless I do some crazy contortions!
- My belly feels very heavy these days.
- My low back is still on the fritz.. I have one achy spot that my chiropractor stretches amazingly. She suggested I switch to visiting weekly to help manage the pain toward the end. I couldn’t say yes fast enough because I love my chiropractic care so much. I started going to help with headaches and low back pain. I’ve felt so taken care of by her. Before I started going I was having 2-3 headaches a week. Since I started going months ago I have had 2 headaches total. She has greatly relieved my neck and shoulder tension. She continues to help me manage my low back pain and encourage me that it’s all normal.
- My sleep is so off and I’m amazed at how a woman’s body is built to prepare for baby’s late night feedings. It’s also that I’m so uncomfortable I can’t get to sleep as easily as before. I can get a good 4-6 hours of sleep but usually by 3 to 4am I’m wide awake. I’ll snack and catch a British show on Netflix while Brandon and Bing snooze, then I make breakfast. Brandon has enjoyed some early morning breakfast in bed lately. A treat that is sadly very temporary.
What I’ve Been Craving
- Some of you may have heard of an odd pregnancy symptom called Pica. It’s when a woman will begin to crave non food items like chalk, dirt, detergent, etc. It’s usually a sign that you’re body is lacking some other nutrient. I’ve had a stint of it myself and was very surprised the day I started craving a wooden popscicle stick. Not the popscicle itself, I simply wanted to chew on the stick. A couple days later Bingley and I walked by a construction site and I was hit with a huge waft of lumber. I could have sat there all day and sniffed the air. Since my iron supplementation I’m chewing on less popscicle sticks as I’m not craving them anymore however the smell of wood and construction is still intoxicating to me. I’ve loved all the Lowe’s trips we’ve been taking since closing on our house. That store smells like heaven to me these days.
- I also can’t stop chewing on ice which is another non nutritional food substance under the category of pica. It drives Brandon mad when I’m shaking up the ice remains in my water bottle, breaking them down so they’re prime for chewing.
- Still loving grapefruits and any other citrus.
- Cereal and ice cream randomly but nothing too out of the ordinary.
- I haven’t had too many cravings lately that I want all the time, more often it’s when I see or think of something then I have to have it. You know, something like Rita’s.
What I’m Most Looking Forward To
- Setting up the nursery!
- Delivering in the birth center.
- Brandon finally being able to hold her.
- My mom coming down to Charlotte early to stay with us, so she can be here for go time!
- All of our family and friends meeting this little miracle.
- The look on her Nana’s face when I tie a hand me down bonnet around that cute little girl’s head.
- The support and love we will receive from our wonderful friends who have prayed for this child with us.