Happy Spring! We’ve been dusting off the pollen that’s been finding it’s way onto our outdoor furniture. We’re spending every day outside we can before the humidity hits because nature is proven to boost your mood. Aren’t you glad the sun is out?
Here’s a list of my Spring favorites!
- Herb Garden – I typically plant green onions, parsley, cilantro, rosemary and basil. They’re easiest for me to care for and what I use most in my cooking. Here’s an interesting pot for your herbs if you want them all in one. There’s tons of cute ideas out there. 1, 2, 3, and 4 ←There’s a few to get you inspired.
- Lemon Elderflower & Strawberry Rhubarb Soda from Trader Joe’s – These sodas are great anytime of year, but extra refreshing in the spring. We like to keep our fridge stocked with these for spontaneous cookouts and picnics. Plus the ingredients aren’t all so bad!
- Local Honey – We buy a large jar of Ritter Apiaries from Whole foods for all of you Charlotte locals. At just under 10 miles away I think that’s local enough to help with our allergies. Pure honey is great for other things too including treatment for minor cuts which actually works!
- Lush Amazon candle – This candle from Target is my favorite spring scent. Lavender lemonade is a close second.
- Picnic Blanket – Right now we use a large towel when we need to throw a blanket down for a picnic. But I’ve got my eye on that one I linked off to. We do tons of picnics this time of year, a designated roll up picnic blanket would be convenient to keep in the car!
- Cold Brew Coffee – As the weather starts to warm up we like to take our afternoon coffee iced with a splash of dairy free creamer. Cold brew coffee is so easy to make. We use a large mason jar and filter with a french press.
- Outside – Does that count as a favorite? If you weren’t convinced about the benefits of nature by the first article, there’s another.
Now get outside and enjoy all those beautiful weather days. But also replace your air filters and stock up on your Claritin. Definitely do that before you open the windows.