How’s your summer? It’s hot and humid around here but none of us are protesting these beautiful rays of sunlight. Our favorite family activity this season has been the splash pad near us. Felicity loves running through the water, pinching her shoulder up to her cheek as a fountain of water gushes up unexpectedly beside her.
I believe there’s things to look forward to in every season and try not to wish any one away too quickly. No matter how cold, no matter how hot. But it just seems like maybe there’s a bit more to look forward to in the summer! Felicity and I share summer birthdays a week apart which makes it an especially fun time of year.
The party was for her. The balloons were for me from an especially thoughtful friend.
We summer girls know our season well and hope you’re able to pull one of my summer staples to add to your own list!
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – This water bottle is well worth the money if you’re someone who always has a water bottle on hand. It keeps your water cold all day and all night if you keep some ice in there. It doesn’t sweat and can take a fall. I have the sport cap like the one in the link. I throw that cap in the dishwasher every couple days for easy cleaning. Perfect for your beach trip or lounging by the pool all summer.
- Basil Strawberry Lemonade – This drink is exactly as it sounds. I came up with it one afternoon while trying to figure out what to do with my overgrown basil. Chop up some strawberries to toss in a glass of lemonade, add crushed ice and a few fresh basil leaves. Stir it up and enjoy!
- Silicone Wedding Bands – I love wearing these silicone rings in the summer when my fingers tend to swell in the heat. I also wore them toward the end of pregnancy. They’re great for traveling if you tend to take your rings off when hand washing and you don’t want to misplace them.
- Peach Prosecco Candle – Or anything fruity and sweet.
- Music for summer nights – Really it’s whatever floats your boat here, but there’s something about music in the summer that’s just electric.
- Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer – This moisturizer includes SPF to keep your face protected and flawless. This is all I wear to the pool and beach, perfect for your yoga class and long summer walks.
- Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Aloe Lotion – I keep this in the summer bag next to our sunscreen. It feels so hydrating after a day in the sun, plus it smells amazing.
- Polarized Sunglasses – Do your eyes a favor and make sure that your sunglasses are polarized to avoid major glares. Brandon discovered this a few years ago and now we can’t go back to regular sunglasses! Be sure to look for UV protection as well as polarization. Choose your favorite style, just so long as they’re polarized! I got a pair of aviators forever ago at Target. Brandon has these.
- Ice Cream!! – It’s not summer without a favorite ice cream shop. If you’re local to Charlotte here’s our top three → The Local Scoop, Golden Cow (Brandon and I have fond memories walking here almost weekly when we lived in Southend.) Two Scoops.
I’ve loved putting these seasonal lists together and can’t wait to hear some of your summer favorites! Now that seasonal lists are out of the way I hope to share a few other favorites lists with you! There definitely needs to be some sort of kids list in there. Maybe one having to do with coffee favorites? Book lover’s favorites of course. Please share your ideas if you have any!